Start Date: 11/13/2019 8:30 AM EST
End Date: 11/13/2019 4:30 PM EST
Venue Name: The Willows on Westfield Location:
6729 East Westfield Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN United States 46220
Indiana Land Title Association
Reviewing the Title Commitment (Morning Session)
Join Andrea Ewan as she goes in depth on subjects that could appear in a title commitment. This course is part of the Indiana Title Professional Program.
This session will fulfill the ITP-Exam Track Course V Requirements
Advanced Legal Descriptions (Afternoon Session)
Bring your scales and protractors and join us in this third and last seminar in a series of legal description programs, where we will take an in-depth look at aspects of descriptions that can be vexing, yet are critically important in assessing the impact and efficacy of those descriptions on the underlying title. How do you know if an easement affects a property? Is there an overlap between adjoiners? What is the effect of a street vacation or railroad abandonment? What to do when abutting properties’ legal descriptions come from opposite directions? Along the way, we will plot some complex descriptions - including how to address and plot curves. We will also review the characteristics of, and considerations relating to, special descriptions like those that involve water boundaries, aerial and subterranean parcels, and that call for street, road, highway and railroad rights of way.
This session will fulfill the ITP-Exam Track Course III Requirements
Advanced Legal Description Course Materials
- Reading, understanding and analyzing complex legal descriptions
- Relating the caption to the description itself
- Evaluating adjoining descriptions for gaps and overlaps
- Understanding and plotting curves
- Plotting and evaluating the effect of Schedule A and schedule B2 easements on the insured property
- Does this property have access to the street, road or highway it fronts on? Does the owner have any rights in those rights of way?
- How streets, roads, highways and railroads are/were created and their impact on title
- The effect of vacations and abandonments of streets, roads, highways and railroads on the title of adjoining properties
- Is this waterfront property? Or not?
- Reading and understanding aerial and subterranean easements and parcels