The Title Searcher is responsible for searching real estate records and compiling a report showing the chain of title, taxes, mortgages, judgments, and other miscellaneous documents primarily for commercial properties in Indiana, as well as, other states. The Title Searcher will also assist with searching residential properties and special projects, as needed.
• Search residential and/or commercial properties using online and county resources.
• Examine lot books, geographic and general indices, and assessor's rolls to compile lists of transactions.
• Examine deeds, mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, and plats/maps
• Determine ownership, encumbrances, and verify legal descriptions of property.
• Read and draw out complex legal descriptions.
• Search, analyze, and evaluate records relating to commercial real estate properties.
• Analyze chain of title and prepare reports outlining title-related matters.
• Prepare property reports for title examiners.
• Travel to various county recorder’s offices