Residential Title Examiner/Underwriter
About Our Team:
Near North Title Group is a fully integrated title, escrow, construction and 1031 exchange company that has been providing clients with a comprehensive portfolio of commercial and residential services across the country for over 30 years. One of the largest title agents in the Midwest, we facilitate over $7 billion in yearly transaction volume throughout more than 20 offices as we continuously expand our market presence.
We are currently seeking experienced Examiners in Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois. Although we'd prefer someone be located in/near one of our 23 offices across the Midwest, we are also open to this being a fully remote role for the right person.
The Residential Title Examiner/Underwriter - Researches and examines real estate records and provides underwriting support in relation to the issuance of title insurance commitments and policies.
• Examine search results of the public records
• Issue title commitments on real estate transactions
• Experience preparing title commitments, endorsements, policies and other documents
• Proven ability to effectively collaborate with legal counsel and outside agents
• Assist customers and team members with title and underwriting questions
• Review and approve condo conversions, declarations, and plats
• Other duties as assigned